Here is a list of great beginner electric guitars:
- Epiphone G-310 SG - This guitar is modeled after the Gibson SG. It has the same build, only the hardware is not as expensive. Also, the humbucker pickups in the Epiphone G-310 are lower in quality than its father Gibson SG. This is a great beginner electric guitar.
- Squier Stratocaster - This guitar is fun and cheap. They look cool, sound great and they are easy to take apart for traveling. The pickups on this guitar are single coil, so the sound is a more twangy stiff sound as apposed to the Epiphone, which produces and overall warm sound. The Squier Strat is an awesome beginner electric guitar.
- Danelectro 56-U2 - Very affordable and fun. It is basically a hollow bodied guitar. It is modeled after the original 1956 model. Consider the 56-U2 when shopping for beginner electric guitars.
- Yamaha Pacifica 112 - This guitar comes equipped with a maple neck, and alder body, and a rosewood fretboard. The pickups on this guy include two single coils and one humbucker. Great beginner guitar.
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II - This is a guitar modeled after the Gibson Les Paul. The guitar features open-coil humbucker pickups, and looks fantastic. That's why this guitar made it on the list.